- Your Personal Data
- your name, Identification Card, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, e-mail address and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- information about your use of ALE’s Website and Services, including cookies, IP address, subscription account details and membership details, but only to the extent that ALE may identify you from such information; and
- information about your usage of and interaction with our Website and/or Services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our Site.
- Collection of Personal Data
- When you use the Website, you provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your name, your email address and any other information that you provide to us.
- When you use the Website, you may set up your personal profile, send messages, perform searches, and transit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the Services (defined in Clause 2.1 of the Website Conditions). In some cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent.
- Generally, ALE collects your Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit forms relating to any of our products or services;
- when you use some of our Services, eg. Subscription services;
- when you request that we contact you;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents;
- when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- when you ask to be included in an e-mail or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions or other initiatives;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have referred by them; and
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
- When you browse our Website, you generally do so anonymously but please see Clause 3.4.1(b) below on cookies.
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorized representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for their respective purposes.
- You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct.
- Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of your Personal Data
3.2 We do not sell or share your Personal Data with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
3.3 The use of Personal Data includes:
3.3.1 to provide the Services we offer, for identification and authentication purposes, to communicate with you concerning transactions, security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services, to improve Services, to do something you have asked us to do, or to tell you of Services that we think may be of interest to you;
3.3.2 to communicate with you regarding our Services; and
3.3.3 for the administration of and troubleshooting regarding the Services. Certain third parties who provide technical support for the operation of the Services (our web hosting service, for example), may need to access such information from time to time, but are not permitted to disclose such information to others.
3.4 The Use of Anonymous Information
3.4.1 Certain information that we collect automatically or with electronic tools (such as cookies) is used to anonymously track and measure User traffic for the Services and to enhance your experience with the Services. For example:
- IP Addresses/Session Information. We occasionally may obtain IP addresses from Users depending upon how you access the Services. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including helping administer the Services and diagnose and prevent service or other technology related problems related to the Services. This information may also be used to estimate the total number of Users browsing other Services from specific geographical areas, to help determine which Users have access to privileges to certain content or services that we offer, and to monitor and prevent fraud and abuse. IP addresses are not linked to Personal Data.
- When you interact with us on our Website, we may collect or analyze anonymized information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”), such as number of Users and their frequency of use, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the Website and common entry and exit points into Website. ALE uses “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track aggregate information about you when you enter our Website. The cookies are used to track information such as the number of Users and their frequency of use, profiles or Users and their preferred sites.
ALE may use an independent company (the “Third Party Market Research Company”) to measure and analyze the Internet usage across the Website. ALE uses the Third Party Market Research Company’s services to collect the following core information on the usage of the Website, including, but not limited to:
- the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the Website;
- the number of unique visitors to the Website;
- how long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the Website when they do visit; and
- common entry and exit points into the Website.
This information is aggregated by the Third Party Market Research Company and provided to ALE to assist in analyzing usage of the Website. Such data is also accessible by media organizations and research companies, for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other Internet portals.
Pages on the Website may be coded with software, which enables Third Party Market Research Company to track visitors to the Website.
Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of the Website.
3.5 We may disclose Personal Data about you under the following circumstances, including but not limited to:
3.5.2 we may share your Personal Data if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or with legal process (such as pursuant to court order, subpoena, or a request by law enforcement officials); (2) to protect, enforce, and defend our Website Conditions, rights and property; (3) protect against the misuse or unauthorized use of the Services; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our Users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions.)
3.6 Disclosure of personal information or Personal Data by User’s own use
3.6.1 Your own use of the Services may disclose personal information or Personal Data to the public. For example:
- submissions and other postings to our Website are available for viewing by all our visitors unless the sponsor or host of a Service selects a privacy setting that restricts public access. Please remember that any information disclosed on a non-restricted Service becomes public information and may be collected and used by others without our knowledge. You therefore should exercise caution when disclosing any Personal Data in these forums.
- when you post a message on any message board, blog, or other public forum available through the Services, your User ID or alias that you are posting under may be visible to other Users, and you have the ability to post a message that may include Personal Data.
- Third Party websites
5.1 Our Website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties, such as our business partners. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our website. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party websites. Some of these third party websites may be co-branded with our logo or trademark, even though they are not operated or maintained by us. Once you have left our Website, you should check the applicable terms, conditions and policies of the third party website to determine how they will handle any Personal Data they collect from you.
- Withdrawal, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
6.1 You may withdraw, modify and correct Personal Data provided directly to ALE in connection with the Services, if necessary, by sending us an e-mail through our contact page.
6.2 Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party, you should contact such party directly to make queries, feedback, and access and correction requests to ALE on your behalf.
6.3 Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, ALE may not be in a position to continue to provide its products or Services to you or administer any contractual relationship in place, and this may also result in the termination of any agreements with ALE and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and ALE’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
- Security Measures
7.1 The security and confidentiality of your Personal Data is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect guest information from unauthorized access and improper use. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect and impenetrable, and no data transmissions over the web can be guaranteed 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and do so at your own risk.
8.1 ALE is the sole owner of all non-personally identifiable information they collect through the Services. This paragraph shall not apply to Content subject to the License (as defined in Clause 1 of the Website Conditions) granted by Users to ALE pursuant to Clause 8 of the Website Conditions governing the Services.
- Governing Law
9.2 In the event of a dispute arising out of or relating to this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, the parties shall seek settlement of that dispute by mediation in accordance with the LCIA India Mediation Rules, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause.